Windshield Repair & Auto Glass Replacement in Alabama (AL)
It's quick and easy to locate an auto glass repair shop or mobile technician in Alabama through myWindshield. If you've been searching for the “best windshield repair in Alabama,” you've come to the right place.
Our network of skilled auto glass technicians in Alabama can perform front windshield, side and back glass repairs and replacement for cars, SUVs, vans or trucks. Either drive your car into an auto glass repair shop near you or pick up the phone and arrange for them to meet you at home, work, or on the side of the road. Many of our partners provide same-day emergency services and next-day services to serve you better.
How much will auto glass repair or replacement cost in Alabama (AL)?
The cost of windshield repair or replacement varies quite a bit across the state of Alabama, depending on factors such as the make and model of your vehicle, its age, the severity of the damage, and of course, your insurance policy. For example, newer vehicle models often come with enhanced windshield features such as ADAS systems, which can take longer to install and calibrate. Labor costs also vary quite a bit depending on where you are located in the US.
Generally, auto glass services cost on average $200 in Alabama, ranging from about $180-250 depending on the auto glass shop. All the auto glass shops listed above operate in Alabama, so find out how much your windshield repair/replacement will cost by simply clicking on “GET A QUOTE” (above). Our partners listed on this page will get back to you with a free, no-obligation quote for your windshield repair, windshield replacement, back glass or side window replacement.
Windshield repair in Alabama made easy
A small stone chip in your windshield might not seem like something to worry about right away, but neglecting to have it repaired can gradually lead to spiderweb cracks that are a lot costlier to repair or replace. Your windshield is an important structural element of your vehicle that keeps you and your passengers safe, so don't delay windshield repairs.
Your vehicle is exposed to many shocks and vibrations, especially when driving over poor road surfaces. If your windshield already has cracks, these vibrations will exacerbate the problem and cause the crack to spread. It's only a matter of time until the entire windshield is cracked and beyond repair, so don't sit on the problem and hope it will go away on its own.
Fortunately, windshield repairs can be done quickly and efficiently by expert auto glass technicians found here on myWindshield. In many cases, our auto glass professionals can complete rock chip or crack repairs in less than an hour so you can get back on the road safely and with total peace of mind.
It pays to shop around to find the best prices for windshield repairs, but if an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Some auto glass shops cut corners by performing shoddy, rushed repairs with cheap, subpar materials. This exposes you to risks and a potential safety hazard later on.
Give your windshield the care it deserves by contacting one of our qualified, reputable windshield repair shops in Alabama. They will get the job done right at a fair and competitive price.
Windshield laws and regulations in Alabama (AL)
Laws and regulations in Alabama require that:
- Free of obstructions: no signs, posters, or opaque coverings are permitted over the windshield, side or rear windows.
- Must be equipped with a functioning windshield wiper system: the windshield wipers must be able to competently remove rain, snow and moisture in order to provide clear visibility for the driver.
- Tinted windows and windshields: cannot be so dark as to render the vehicle's occupants unidentifiable from the outside, cannot extend beyond six inches from the top of the windshield, and the glass must be affixed with a compliance sticker by the dealer who installed the tint.
- Windshields are free of rock chips or cracks: although there are no specific state laws pertaining to cracked or chipped windshields, federal law mandates that the visible area above the steering wheel to two inches from the top of the windshield must be free from damage, there are no interconnected cracks that pass through the driver's field of vision, and chips smaller than ¾ inches are permissible so long as they are at least 3 inches away from any other rock chips.
- GPS devices and smartphones: these devices may not be mounted on the windshield in Alabama.
Failure to follow the laws on windshields in Alabama can lead to citations by law enforcement, although there are no specific fine amounts in the state. Consequently, it's better to not take your chances and instead have your windshield repaired at an auto glazier near you in Alabama if you have rock chips or cracks in the windshield.
Best auto glass repair and replacement in Alabama
No matter where you are in the great state of Alabama (AL), you can rely on myWindshield to connect with reputable auto glass repair shops and mobile auto glaziers near you. We make the entire process of repairing or replacing your car, van, truck or SUV glass straightforward and easy, so click to request a quote today and save time and money.