No matter where you are in sunny California, look no further than myWindshield to connect with mobile auto glass technicians or windshield crack repair shops near you. We work with over 300 automotive glass shops across the United States, with the list growing every day to serve you better. Our qualified network of auto glass technicians are proficient at performing front and rear windshield repairs, side glass repairs, windshield replacement, calibration, and much more for your car, truck, van, or SUV.
Just have a look at our partners in California below and feel free to pick up the phone and give them a call, or request quick quotes at the click of a button. Drive your vehicle down to a nearby shop, or if the damage is too severe, request a mobile auto glass technician to come out to you at home, work, or wherever you may be. Ask about same-day and next-day services for urgent windshield repairs.
How much will same day auto glass repair cost in California (CA)?
How much does it cost to repair or replace a windshield in California? Fortunately, the average cost for auto glass services in California is lower than the national average, but there are many factors that determine the total you’ll be expected to pay. Some examples include make/model of the vehicle, age, the severity of the damage, and your insurance policy.
The average cost of car glass services in California is about $180, and the general range of what you can expect to pay is between $160-239. The best way to find out how much it’ll cost you is to simply click on “GET QUOTES” above. One or more of our member partners will provide you with a quick, hassle-free quote for their services.
Windshield repair and windshield replacement in California made easy
A small crack or rock chip on your windshield may not seem like much to worry about right away, but it’s always best to have them repaired sooner rather than later. A damaged windshield will only get worse as time goes on due to vibrations on the road, and it could eventually get to the point where the windshield is beyond repair and a real safety hazard.
Not only do you run the risk of getting a fine or a citation from California Highway Patrol, but you’re also putting yourself and your passengers at risk by driving around with a damaged windshield.
Once again, it’s better to have the crack or rock chip repaired sooner rather than later for many reasons, but how long does it take, and more importantly, how can you find a reputable auto glass shop near you?
The good news is that myWindshield only deals with reputable, approved and vetted auto glass technicians in the United States. Our platform makes it quick and easy to get in touch with reliable professionals that can repair or replace your windshield quickly and without a hassle.
Small cracks and rock chips are filled with a resin compound that is then heated up so that it fills in all air pockets inside of the crack. A UV light is then applied over the compound to cure it into place. The result is a car with a safe, secure windshield that’s roadworthy.
More severe damage may require a complete replacement, which can be costlier if it gets to that point. Again, myWindshield lets you compare prices among multiple auto glass shops near you, which gives you access to competitive and fair prices in California for auto glass repair and replacement services.
Windshield laws and regulations in California (CA)
Laws and regulations in California require that:
- Vehicle type: all vehicles except motorcycles must be equipped with a windshield. Classic, antique cars that were originally manufactured without a windshield are also exempt.
- Windshield manufacturing: for all vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1936, the windshield must be made with shatter-resistant safety glass. All windshield replacements must equally be made of safety glass.
- Windshield wipers: every vehicle in California, except motorcycles, must have fully-functioning, driver-controlled windshield wipers to wipe away rain, snow and moisture.
- Windshields are free of rock chips or cracks: all vehicles in California must have front and rear windshields that do not impair the driver’s vision. There are no specific laws dictating the maximum permissible crack or rock chip size; instead, California Highway Patrol can issue fines and citations using their discretion as to whether or not the driver’s vision is impaired by the damage to the windshield.
- GPS devices and electronic equipment: these devices are permitted, under specific circumstances. GPS systems must be located on the farthest side of the windshield from the driver if they are no more than seven square inches in size; or, on the driver’s side provided that they are no greater than five square inches large and do not obstruct the airbags. All other electronics are permitted so long as they are no greater than five square inches in size.
Drivers that violate these laws and regulations may be pulled over and issued a fine or citation by law enforcement. The maximum permissible fine depends on the county, but it is up to the police officer to decide whether or not your windshield is compliant or not. Note that in California, drivers who have been issued a citation have 48 hours to rectify the situation or else they may be arrested or face prosecution. Don’t delay and use myWindshield to find a nearby auto glass shop.
Competitive auto glass repair quotes in California (CA)
No matter whether you’re in the Bay Area, on the border, or in beautiful Shasta County, you can trust myWindshield to find reputable auto glass repair shops near you today. Click on “GET QUOTES” above and find an auto glass shop, request a free, no-obligation quote, and enjoy nothing but quality services at affordable prices.
We have auto glass technicians in most towns and cities in California.
- location_on Los Angeles
- location_on San Diego
- location_on San Jose
- location_on San Francisco
- location_on Fresno
- location_on Sacramento
- location_on Long Beach
- location_on Oakland
- location_on Bakersfield
- location_on Anaheim
- location_on Santa Ana
- location_on Riverside
- location_on Stockton
- location_on Irvine
- location_on Chula Vista
- location_on Fremont
- location_on San Bernardino
- location_on Santa Clarita
- location_on Modesto
- location_on Fontana