Motorists across the Constitution State of Connecticut can now take advantage of myWindshield to quickly connect with high-quality auto glass shops and mobile technicians. Our platform is partnered with over 300 reputable automotive glass technicians across the United States who can perform windshield repairs and replacement as well as replace front, side and rear glass on a wide range of vehicles such as cars, trucks, SUVs and vans.
Below you’ll find listings for our approved member partners in the great state of Connecticut. Feel free to browse their profiles and request free, no-obligation quotes from one or more, or just pick up the phone and give them a ring yourself. All you need to do is click on “GET QUOTES” above to get started.
Request same-day or next-day services if the matter is urgent. You can also request a mobile technician come out to you at work or at home if your windshield is too damaged to safely take it into the shop yourself.
How much will auto glass repair or replacement cost in Connecticut (CT)?
A question that gets asked a lot is “how much do windshield repairs cost in Connecticut?” The short answer is: it depends. The total cost depends on factors such as the severity of the damage, the make and model of your vehicle, its age, and your insurance policy. Naturally, your choice of auto glass shop will also make a difference.
Typically, auto glass services in Connecticut are higher than the national average at around $220. The lower and upper ranges you might expect to pay are between $160-280. The only way to know more accurately what you can expect to pay for auto glass services is to simply get in touch with one of the above partners listed here on myWindshield and request a free, no-obligation quote.
Windshield repair in Connecticut made easy
There’s no telling what can happen on the roads and highways in Connecticut. A small crack or rock chip from a piece of flying gravel might not seem like much at first, but over time it will undoubtedly grow into a larger crack that can put your and your passengers at serious risk.
These small cracks and chips splinter out and grow when subjected to vibrations from your vehicle, which as you can imagine, happens constantly and gradually. Eventually, cracks can reach the ends of the windshield, at which point replacement is often necessary. Sometimes, cracks splinter out into a wider spider web array, blocking your vision of the road ahead and weakening the structural integrity of the windshield.
It’s always better to try to have your windshield repaired rather than replaced, but if you delay too long or if the damage is too severe, replacement is the only feasible option. What this means is that for most small cracks that are manageable, your best bet is to take it into a nearby auto glass shop sooner rather than later.
The good news is that the reputable auto glass shops in Connecticut found right here on myWindshield can get the job done right the first time, for a fair price and with a quick turnaround.
They do this by filling in the crack or chip with a compound, normally an epoxy resin base, into the damaged area by injection. The compound is then heated and thus fills in any air gaps, then it is cured with UV lights. Often, a simple repair can be done in as little as half an hour or an hour; more complex repairs or replacements can take half a day or so.
Windshield laws and regulations in Connecticut (CT)
Laws and regulations in Connecticut require that:
- Vehicle type: all vehicles on roadways in Connecticut must have windshields.
- Windshield manufacturing: every vehicle windshield must be made of shatter-resistant safety glass.
- Windshield wipers: all vehicles on Connecticut’s roadways must have functioning windshield wipers to knock away sleet, snow, rain, or moisture.
- Obstructions: there are regulations in place in Connecticut whereby the driver’s field of vision must be clear of obstructions. Stickers/posters/signs must be located on the farthest side of the windshield from the driver within a seven-inch area on the lower corner, or if on the driver’s side, must be on the bottom corner and extending no farther than five inches from the edge of the windshield.
- Tinted windows and windshields: in Connecticut, tinting is permitted provided that the tint is non-reflective, is located above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line, stickers must be applied to the tinted windows declaring that at least 35% natural light can enter, and mirrors must be affixed to either side of the vehicle if the rear windshield has tint. Furthermore, any reflective tint used cannot exceed 21% reflectivity.
- Windshields are free of rock chips or cracks: laws in Connecticut state that the windshield must be free of defects and/or obstructions to the driver’s field of vision. There are no specific laws on maximum permissible crack or rock chip size/diameter.
- GPS devices and smartphones: these devices are not permitted to be mounted on the windshield in Connecticut.
In the state of Connecticut, there are no state-wide fine or citation amounts for violations of these laws and regulations. Therefore, it is up to the discretion of law enforcement if they deem your windshield to be non-compliant to issue a fine or citation. Don’t take your chances - myWindshield makes it quick and easy to find local auto glass shops near you.
Affordable auto glass repair and replacement in Connecticut (CT)
Whether you’re cruising on the I-95, I-84, or anywhere else in Connecticut, look no further than myWindshield when you’re in need of effective auto glass repair services in your town or county.
We cover most towns and cities in Connecticut
- location_on Bridgeport
- location_on New Haven
- location_on Stamford
- location_on Hartford
- location_on Waterbury
- location_on Norwalk
- location_on Danbury
- location_on New Britain
- location_on West Hartford
- location_on Greenwich
- location_on Fairfield
- location_on Hamden
- location_on Bristol
- location_on Meriden
- location_on Manchester
- location_on West Haven
- location_on Milford
- location_on Stratford
- location_on East Hartford
- location_on Middletown