All across Florida, motorists can take advantage of reliable, affordable, and high-quality windshield repair and replacement services through myWindshield. We are partnered with over 300 members across the United States, and we are consistently adding new partners all the time through our vetting process. Our registered members are capable of performing repairs, replacement, and calibration of front and rear windshields and side glass replacements for cars, vans, trucks and SUVs.
Whether you need urgent same-day or next-day service or if you need a mobile mechanic to come to you at work or at home to repair your windshield, all you need to do is browse through our trusted partners below. Reach out to them by picking up the phone or simply clicking on “GET QUOTES” above.
Need help? Call (850) 519-0446
When calling mention you found us on "myWindshield"
location_on AZ Wakulla Glass Inc - 4013 Woodville Hwy #14, Tallahassee, Florida
Our family-run auto glass shop in Woodville, Florida provides great quality windshield repair and windshield replacement services for customers in Tallahassee and Leon County. When you choose us, you can depend on our professional and friendly approach to customer service, high-quality auto glass materials and workmanship, and affordable prices ...More information
Auto glass repair or replacement costs in Florida (FL)
The cost of auto glass services in Florida depends on many factors, such as the make/model of the vehicle, its age, how severe the damage is, and your insurance coverage. Also, your choice of auto glass shop can also affect how much you are likely to pay.
In general, the cost of auto glass services in Florida is less than the national average at around $180, ranging from around $110-200. Some services such as replacement will likely cost more in a bigger city like Miami than a simple windshield crack repair in Fort Lauderdale, for example. To find out more accurately how much you can be expected to pay, all you need to do is click on “GET QUOTES” above and type in your ZIP code.
Windshield repairs made easy in Florida through myWindshield
Small cracks and rock chips on your windshield may not seem like a big deal at first, but over time they can become a real risk to you and your passengers. Small vibrations from driving over rough road surfaces or potholes will cause cracks to grow and expand, possibly to the edges of the windshield, which can make replacement the only solution at that point.
Why wait until that point? It’s much better for your safety and for your wallet to deal with windshield cracks and rock chips early on, if possible. Cracks and chips can be repaired quickly most of the time, sometimes even in half an hour or an hour with a skilled technician found here on myWindshield.
The process is pretty straightforward. The technician injects an epoxy resin into the damaged area then forces heat through the crack to cause the resin to expand and fill in any air gaps. Then, the resin cures over the course of a day or two, or in many cases UV lights are applied to the windshield to accelerate the curing process.
More severe damage often necessitates full replacement of the windshield. For many modern vehicles equipped with ADAS systems, cameras and sensors located in the windshield need to be properly calibrated to your on-board ADAS system. Leave the job to professionals and don’t settle for a shoddy, rushed job.
By using myWindshield in Florida, you’ll find local, reputable auto glass shops near you that can get the job done right the first time for competitive prices. Browse through our list of partners in Florida above and click on “GET QUOTES” at the top of the page to receive one or more free, no-obligation quotes.
Windshield laws and regulations in Florida
Laws and regulations in Florida require that:
- Vehicle type: every vehicle in Florida must have an upright windshield, with the exception of motorcycles and animal husbandry equipment.
- Windshield manufacturing: all windshields must be made of shatter-resistant material known as safety glass.
- Windshield wipers: all vehicles in Florida with a windshield must also have working windshield wipers to knock away rain, debris, or moisture from the driver’s field of vision. The wipers must be driver-controlled.
- Tinted windows and windshields: window tinting is permitted in Florida, provided that the tint is non-reflective and not metallic or mirrored in appearance. It can only be located above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line. Moreover, aftermarket tinting requires a sticker from the installer certifying that the tint is legally compliant. This sticker must be affixed inside the driver’s door.
- Windshields are free of rock chips or cracks: laws in Florida do not specify exactly what is the maximum permissible size/diameter of windshield cracks or rock chips, but federal legislation requires that cracks and chips up to ¾ inches in diameter should not be within three inches of another crack/chip, cracks do not intersect, and that the driver’s field of vision from the top two inches of the windshield down to the top of the steering wheel remains clear of obstructions.
- GPS devices and smartphones: these devices are permitted to be mounted on the windshield in Florida, however GPS devices and toll payment systems cannot be within the driver’s forward field of vision.
Although there are no specific fine or citation amounts for violations of the above regulations in Florida, law enforcement can use their discretion to issue fines and citations for windshields they deem to be non-compliant.
Florida is one of few states to have “free” windshield replacements for drivers with comprehensive insurance policies. Motorists in Florida with comprehensive coverage do not need to pay a deductible for this service.
Rather than risk a fine or citation, why not have your windshield looked after professionally for a fair, affordable cost? Look no further than myWindshield to find quality auto glass technicians near you.
Professional auto glass repair and replacement in Florida
Up and down The Sunshine State, from the I-10 to the I-95, Jacksonville to Key Largo, rely on the quality auto glass services provided by our partners right here on myWindshield. Request one or more free, no-obligation quotes today.
We’ve auto glass shops and mobile technicians covering Florida (FL)
- location_on Jacksonville
- location_on Miami
- location_on Tampa
- location_on Orlando
- location_on St. Petersburg
- location_on Hialeah
- location_on Tallahassee
- location_on Port St. Lucie
- location_on Cape Coral
- location_on Fort Lauderdale
- location_on Pembroke Pines
- location_on Hollywood
- location_on Miramar
- location_on Coral Springs
- location_on Gainesville
- location_on Lehigh Acres
- location_on Brandon
- location_on Clearwater
- location_on Palm Bay
- location_on Miami Gardens